[Market-farming] Grower's Association?

idyllwild farm idyllwildfarm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:00:09 EST 2011

Deep Root Growers Coop (based in VT, I think), PVGA (Pioneer Valley Growers
Coop) (Whately, MA?) and I think that CISA in MA may have some other ideas
or spins on growers coop type model (there are a group of growers in the
pioneer valley in MA who combine product and sell in Boston area sort of
like a CSA).
IMHO, I would focus on the basics to begin with. It's going to be hard
enough to get enough critical mass of crops, packed identically and with
identical quality to build a reliable brand that you can sell for decent
money. You'll need a collection point and someone to take the lead as a
seller. But in the cases I mentioned above, when it works, you can do well.
Good Luck,
Mike