[Market-farming] ATV Tillage tools

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 12:32:03 EST 2011

I spent some time online and ran across some tillage equipment that can be pulled by an ATV or small tractor.  Does anyone use these or have they seen them being used?

I grow on a small scale and most of my plots are small, so a tractor doesn't make a lot of sense.  I also grow very tight, so my row spacings are usually very close. However, with a tool like this, I would be able to keep those close spacings and still be able to use mechanical tools as opposed to hand tools.

Here are two that I found.

http://www.quadivator.com/thequadivator.html

Basically a tool bar that you can add attachments too.
A disk, row hiller, potato digger,  cultivators, irrigation layer and much more. I am guessing with the right person, you could make some more attachments specifically for your farm.

Costs $900-$1200 for the tool bar and cultivator, other attachments cost more.

Looks like a beefier set up.

http://www.kunzeng.com/tillease-productpage.htm

I know a tractor set up would be nice, but since we have the ATV, this seems like a much cheaper option.

Any thoughts?

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More

Clay Center, Kansas