[Market-farming] onions

MAsteveINE MAsteveINE at 207ME.com
Tue Oct 20 21:27:20 EDT 2009

  What method do you use when transplanting onion starts on black plastic?

  Kathy in Vermont

I have a plywood piece with a 5 foot handle, looks a bit like a whale tail, 4 points

about 2 " long and 6 in apart, for punching the poly, and then I go back and on hands and knees

confirm the hole with a finger and then jab in the plug.  With increasing age I am down to

about 10 trays and hurry is no longer an option. nor is bending! Easier to do than tell!

I can do some pictures if you want, as I go on I am doing more on plastic, best thing I tried this

year was pole beans.

MAsteveINE