[Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems

Andy Fellenz fellenz at fltg.net
Wed Oct 7 15:23:28 EDT 2009

I would look at the time and investment involved in putting up and
taking down the low tunnel hoops several times and compare to the cost
of a high tunnel or haygrove style structure.  You may find that the
high tunnel or haygrove will be cheaper than the low tunnels over
several years of use, especially when labor is factored in.

I would also look hard at a Jang Seeder from Mechanical Transplanter and
give it serious consideration compared to the Johnny's seeder.  I have a
3 row Jang and it does a much better job at singulating and spacing seed
than my pinpoint style seeder ever did.

Andy