[Market-farming] grasshoppers

Kate Halstead rockyprairie at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 22 11:03:46 EDT 2009

How do you deal with crops & the fowl? I gave up on chickens as pest
control, except as an end-of-season 'run through and destroy' method. Our
ducks (muscovies for slug control) don't seem to like much in the way of
vegetables. Much to my surprise, as long as I put reemay over the lettuce,
they leave most everything else alone, even the spinach. Are guinea fowl as
discriminating?

Kate
Pacific NW

  _____