[Market-farming] how many tomato plants?

Garth & Kim Travis gartht at txcyber.com
Sat Feb 14 17:33:26 EST 2009

Greetings,
I am not Bill, but all I grow is heirlooms, no hybrids on my farm.  What
I have found is that milage varies depending on your land.  I have
tasted tomatoes at someone else's garden, loved it.  Grown it here,
hated it.  Black Cherry produces and abundance at my farm,  my neighbor
is lucky to get any fruit on her plants.  I have an area of my farm for
testing new varieties and  types of plants,  so I trial them all the
year before I plan to sell them.  There is a yahoo list called
tomatomania that is all about heirloom tomatoes.  What does well in the
hot dry south, doesn' t do well in the hot humid south, or in the cooler
north, etc.  On that list, you could find someone in your growing area
that could tell you what produces.

Bright Blessings,
Kim