[Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Wed Feb 4 10:20:43 EST 2009

I use the JD71 unit planter, they use seed plates and are fairly accurate but don't come close to the accuracy of the 7000 series. The nice thing about the 71 is that they are small and I can add rows as needed to a standard toolbar and easily change spacing. They need little service and work best with double disc openers. After planting season the whole planter comes apart for easy storage. I don't use fertilizer hoppers. When you get up to 20 acres or more then the accuracy of a precision planter pays for itself very fast... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.