[Market-farming] Farm Land for Sale

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 11:39:10 EDT 2008

We have a neighboring farm of samll acres for sale and coould be used for an
organic farm.
The place has never had any chemicals on it, 7 acres of grass land and a two
bedroom house no basement and is set up to heat with wood with a wood stove in
the center of the living space.  Over a dozen fruit trees well established on
this acreage with a double garage and two small sheds and large cave for cold
storage.  They are asking 160,00 which is not out of line for our location.
Would just be the perfect spot to start a market farm, located 25 miles for a
big market in Omaha Nebraska and other weekly markets in the local area.
Omaha now has two large markets, one strictly organic and the one we go to with a
little over 100 vendor on saturday, which has been drawing around 7000 to
10,000 people every week.

The place is being handled by Jim Hughes Reality at Glenwood Iowa, and they
do have a web site _www.jimhughesrealstate.com_
(http://www.jimhughesrealstate.com)  .  Someone in our business need to own this place and if anyone is
looking this would be just a perfet fit for a market grower.  The land faces the
southeast with timber on the north and west which is for good winter protection
form that north west wind in the winter.

Iowa also has a beginning framer loan plan but I'm not very familar with it
but I do know they loan money to beginner farmers.

Would be really easy to get certified organic. hasn't been anything growing
on it but hay for about 20 years.

Phil from Iowa.