[Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

Marcy mlynn at pcisys.net
Sat Aug 23 00:15:09 EDT 2008

I wanted a story to it, but not our name and not too local so as to limit
the area.

So we started out as ArkValley Farm for the Arkansas river valley. Put it
had no personality to it. Several years later after some friends helped us
put the cover on the greenhouse and we were eating a late breakfast with all
who had helped, one of the guys said "Not too bad for a bunch of greenhorns
- the greenhorn greenhouse."  Add to that the fact that we have a beautiful
view of Greenhorn Mountain and we came up with Greenhorn Acres.  Sometimes I
think it just takes time to find a name that works.