[Market-farming] Edamame

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Wed Aug 20 10:37:41 EDT 2008

Is anyone growing Edamame? We are trying some for the 1st time this year, and it is ready for harvest. We are thinking about cutting the whole plant, doing a quick rinse to remove dirt/mud and selling it as is. Is anyone doing this? Pricing? I think I can get two dollars a stem at our market.
Thanks,
Carla Maness
Perkins OK. Set a record low/high temp. yesterday. High of 69 in August in Oklahoma. Unreal. And, just a few weeks ago it was a 105!