[Market-farming] Drip Irrigation

Home Grown Kansas! hgkansas at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 11:50:15 EDT 2007

I would also recommend checking out this site.-- http://www.robertmarvel.com/
  elzie
  wichita

Pam Twin Oaks <pam at twinoaks.org> wrote:
  Bill said:
"A supplier you might want to check out is Drip Works. "
I'd add: Be sure to ask for their commercial growers pricelist, not the retail one. There's also Berry Hill Irrigation in southern Virginia. I'm a recent convert to drip irrigation. I found it a bit of a challenge to take the plunge and set it all up, but it gets easier each time I set up a system. We made large wooden shuttles to rewind the tape at the end of the season and store it over the winter. Then we fit the shuttles on a length of rebar across the top of a garden cart, hold the rebar in place with strong spring clamps, and run out the tape again the next spring.
It's a nice efficient way of watering crops and doesn't water the weeds!
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, central Virginia, zone 7