[Market-farming] Drip Irrigation

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Fri Jun 15 11:45:14 EDT 2007

Bill said:
"A supplier you might want to check out is Drip Works. "
I'd add: Be sure to ask for their commercial growers pricelist, not the
retail one. There's also Berry Hill Irrigation in southern Virginia. I'm a
recent convert to drip irrigation. I found it a bit of a challenge to take
the plunge and set it all up, but it gets easier each time I set up a
system. We made large wooden shuttles to rewind the tape at the end of the
season and store it over the winter. Then we fit the shuttles on a length of
rebar across the top of a garden cart, hold the rebar in place with strong
spring clamps, and run out the tape again the next spring.
It's a nice efficient way of watering crops and doesn't water the weeds!
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, central Virginia, zone 7