[Market-farming] water storeage

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Mon Jun 4 14:11:12 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:28:56AM -0700, JAY GJERSETH wrote:
> Sinc we are on the subject of water storeage does anyone have any advice about rainwater storeage?How long before it becomes a stagnant mosquito breeding grounds and how do I prevent this.I work on a much smaller scale than most of you.(I'm working on my spin farming techniques) and so far Ive just used buckets and smaller containers since we had a very dry May.Ive obtained a large plastic container(approx.150gal)and since we have had rain 3 out of 4 June days I hope to preserve some of it.Thanks for any advice or suggestions.
>     Im not in production yet so I hope to get things set up this year,(raised beds,small green house,stand,zoning,etc.)and so far tour advice has been a great help.Im sure Ill need alot more so THANKS in advance.
>                                              Jay

Join us at the rainwater yahoogroup:

I don't believe you will have any trouble with water quality if you
keep light out of your storage and screen openings.

You are not likely to be able to store enough rainwater to do much good
irrigating.

Here is my household rainwater system:
http://www.austinfarm.org/homegrown/images/images22/index.html

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  13 hours 34 minutes