[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

Tradingpost tradingpost at lobo.net
Wed Jan 24 12:04:30 EST 2007

A grower or group of growers might hire or contract with someone to do the
actual selling at market, and then it's not the grower personally who's
selling. Which is fine with me. What's more an issue is how far the produce
has to get there and how fresh it is. When someone buys in bulk and trucks
it a two or three hundred miles to retail it, the money doesn't recirculate
locally so much. Plus there's the fossil fuel involved, and buyers don't
get to know the real grower either. All considerations for some markets.

paul tradingpost at lobo.net