[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Wed Jan 24 10:27:09 EST 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:15:55 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm really interested in talking our town council into supporting a
>grower only market here. Although I can find many grower only markets
>advertised on the web, I can't seem to find any succinct 'grower only
>market' philosophy laid out, something that I could show the town
>council, something about how supporting local growers is good for the
>entire community. I thought there was actually a 'grower only market'
>advocacy group operating out of PA, but I haven't been able to find
>hide-nor-hair of that group.
>
>Can anyone help?

Would the 'Ten Reasons to Buy Local Food' be any help to you?  I think it
is ideal for this purpose.

http://www.growingformarket.com/reasons-text.html

Maybe you're thinking of PASA - Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable
Agriculture?  http://www.pasafarming.org/

Their mission statement is here:
http://www.pasafarming.org/AboutUs/mission.htm

Pat

Blog (mainly gardening and cooking related):
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/