[Market-farming] heirloom suggestions for market farming (ie. can survive a short truck trip)

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Sun Jan 21 10:17:28 EST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:37:16 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Anyone have any 'new' heirloom/really good tasting tomatoes that they liked from last year, that would do well on a market farm?

Coincidentally, this morning I came across a seed supplier new to me.  They
sell only open-pollinated tomatoes and have the largest selection of OP
tomatoes I have ever seen, and by far.  It's an incredible selection.

It's here:  http://store.tomatofest.com/

They have a 20-variety collection of what the owner says have been his most
successful tomatoes at various markets.

http://store.tomatofest.com/Top_20_Tomato_Varieties_for_Market_s/49.htm

$15 minimum order required, but they have so many wonderful varieties that
shouldn't be difficult.

I have not ordered from them (never heard of them until this morning) so I
have no personal experience with their seeds or service.  I looked them up
on the Garden Watchdog, and three people were dissatisfied with a bunch of
people pleased; not too bad.

Pat

Blog (mainly gardening and cooking related):
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/