[Market-farming] Scam targeting CSA/organic Farmers

Lucy Goodman goodows at infinet.com
Mon Feb 12 07:17:59 EST 2007

I pulled this off of the Local Harvest Forum
(http://www.localharvest.org/forum/). They have not contacted us Boulder
Belt Farmers yet but if they do we will refuse their "services"
Lucy Goodman

There is a nation wide scam targeting CSA farmers! We (and several
farmers we know) received multiple phone calls from people claiming to
be part of a private trust called Debt Free Organic which will give
small farmers up to 2.5 million dollars to pay off debts and use on farm
projects. They ask for a donation "to process your application". They
use a lot of persuasive language- "how open minded are you?" and >"are
you an information gatherer or do you really want help?" etc... When I
tried to get addresses, full names, tax ID etc...they got hostile. It
makes me SICK to think of them taking any small farmer's money!