[Market-farming] Sprinklers for beds

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson100 at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 8 12:22:50 EST 2007

> From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists at rhomestead.com>
> I would appreciate suggestions for sprinklers or management please. I am
> on
> a heavy silty/sandy loam, and my seedbeds just don't get fine enough to
> wick
> moisture across the surface from drip tape. I think once the roots go
> down,

How long are your beds, Beth? I found the same thing when germinating
lettuce, radish etc in the beds - it really needed a sprinkler. I used a
cheap oscillating lawn sprinkler to give a rectangular area which covered
3-4 of my 4' x 20' beds at once. Sometimes from the end of a set of beds,
sometimes on the path in between them.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kevinw1canada/album/576460762340193766/photo/294928803584104129/7

If your beds are much longer, maybe one of those lawn sprinklers that crawls
along a hose on the path between beds would work? Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Nelson-1865-RAINTRAIN-Traveling-Sprinkler/dp/B00002N6AN

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com