[Market-farming] New member

Bill Bradshaw billbradshaw at hughes.net
Thu Sep 7 21:01:18 EDT 2006

Carla, Welcome to the list, lots of nice folks here. We are located in East
Texas and are having the same trouble. Very dry and our water source is
about gone. It is a farm pond that holds 14 acre feet of water. Any way pray
for rain. Now about the drip tape. I have done two things that work (1)
After the lines are put out when we plow we cover the lines, this helps a
lot. (2) We have taken 5 gallon buckets and cut them off to about 3" high,
set these around the fields and keep them full of water. (Just to water the
critters) It works. Bill