[Market-farming] What's the best cultivating tractor?

wiediger at msn.com wiediger at msn.com
Tue Nov 29 11:59:26 EST 2005

We just picked up an IH 140 tractor for under $2000.00  IH made a number of offset tractors, such as their "A", "Super A" and 140's, along with some others.  I think these 3 models were their most popular.  With so many tobacco farmers getting out of the business, it's easier finding these for sale.  We actually bought it on eBay (!?!?!?!!!!!), and I would rate it at good+.  Sheet metal is straight.  Starts easy at the turn of a key.  Hydraulics work fine.  And it's easy to work on and parts are readily available.

Paul
Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm, Rocky Hill, KY
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com