[Market-farming] Baby Spinach pricing?

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Wed May 25 14:35:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:27:50PM -0400, tonitime at juno.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>      I've begun to market my produce, and have been thrilled with people
> enjoying it around here!  If any of you sell ready-to-eat Baby Spinach
> leaves, what are you charging for it?  How much in each bag?   I am
> growing things (very smalltime) that folk cannot readily buy in our area,
> so no way to check much at stores  for pricing (there is little vegie
> diversity around here).

During the season, I sell washed spinach in 10oz bags.  It might be
called "baby" in the early part of the season.  For several years we
have gotten $1.25 from grocery stores and retailed it at farmers
markets mostly for $2, early in the season for $2.50 or even $3.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Linux system uptime  332 days  1 hours 40 minutes