[Market-farming] don't know beans about beans

Steven Rogers singingpigfarm at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 23:41:11 EST 2005

I am looking for commercial quantities of dry bean seeds--up to 300#/variety. Some of the varieties I am looking for are:
tarbais,dutch white runner,cranberry,cannelini.
I believe I want bush varieties only. Has anyone out there been involved in large scale production of dry beans?
Do I need to grow only bush varieties for mechanical harvest? will pole beans produce if allowed to sprawl and
will they tangle the harvesting equipment. Any how-to information and suggestions for bush type specialty
varieties and sources for large quantities of seed would be greatly appreciated.

Steven Rogers
singingpigfarm at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.