[Market-farming] Nut Grass - any herbicide suggestions andtechniques?

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 19 10:30:15 EDT 2004

Dual herbicide is very effective in controlling nutsedge for one growing
season and it breaks down in two months so doesn't leave a residue.
Though its registered nationally in only corn and beans in my state of
NJ we have a special local needs c24  lable to use it in tomatoes,
peppers, onions and cole crops. Sandea is very good in long season
control at rates of 1/2 ounce per acre, I use it on pumpkins, melons,
zuchini, cukes, tomatoes and peppers. The lable says you can use it on
sweetcorn, dont!. Basagran is a good nutsedge killer in sweetcorn and
beans...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.