[Market-farming] Tomatoes

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Jul 16 15:17:19 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:13:41 -0600, you wrote:

>I just *gulp* bought grape tomatoes from the store.  There are no local
>tomatoes ready or I would eat mine!  I HAVE to admit.  They were delicious.
>Fully ripe with REAL tomato flavor (almost wine-like).  Is this indicative
>of grape tomatoes?  Perhaps since they are not widely available
>commercially?
>
>Or were we just so anxious for tomatoes while watching our tomatoes grow, we
>over-exaggerated the flavor?  These were so good, it was like a "chocolate"
>experience.  (For those ladies that understand chocoholic reactions!)

Grape tomatoes - from the supermarket - have been pretty
good, in my experience.  Especially in winter, when there
are no other decent tomatoes available.

I wouldn't rave about them as much as you have, but maybe
you got a better batch than we did.  But they've been
reliably quite good.

>The label said it was a product of Mexico, but it had a CA business address.
>
>I am going to try that link and see if grape tomatoes are possible in our
>area if I grow them in the hoophouse.

Where are you, Christina?

Pat
--