[Market-farming] Re: organic squash bug control

bob111higgins at comcast.net bob111higgins at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 09:07:12 EDT 2004

Hi Allan,
I should have been clearer -- the radishes helped with the squash bugs not the borers. In a small garden, I was able to control borers by looking *every day* for eggs and even then always had some get away and had to cut them out. But in my larger market garden checking every plant every day is just not possible. So far, though, I've been lucky. As far as flea beatles on the pumpkins, in the past I had just a few, probably overflow from adjacent crops, but the radishes do work well for them.
And thanks for the tip about nasturtiums and whiteflies -- I'll definitely try this.
Bob, Red Brick Farm, Hopewell NJ