[Market-farming] conversion factors

Dave & Katharine Campbell dave.kathy at att.net
Thu Jul 1 08:06:04 EDT 2004

Bob, I like that scheme, and might try it myself.  Question: exactly when do you plow your sedan grass under "before it freezes"?  I like to give my winter rye a good start in the fall to develop roots, get a good start next spring, and so on.  So are you counting on Indian summer days after earliest frosts to start the rye?

BTW, a strawberry grower at the NAFEX meeting two years ago told me that sedan grass straw makes absolutely the best strawberry mulch he's ever used.  A possible additional use for just a little of that lush sedan grass?

Dave Campbell
Tiffin IA

-------------- Original message from robert schuler : --------------