[Market-farming] wasabi root

Blue Moon Farm bluemoon at iclub.org
Sun Feb 29 14:31:47 EST 2004

You should google wasabi production ...I recently read an article, sorry I have no recollection where, about a company that was producing authentic wasabi root in, I believe, Washington State.  Points that stand out in my memory are 1] that the entire facility was surrounded by inpenetrable fences and armed guards, and  2]  anyone working there has to sign an iron-clad confidentiality agreement.
Not to discourage you, but my impression was that wasabi is extremely finicky, reqiring much technological assistance to mimic "natural" conditions, and that those in possession of "how to" information are playing their cards close to their vests.
Leo Keene
Blue Moon Farm
Sustainably Grown Garlic
3585 Poosey Ridge Road