[Market-farming] comment period on GMO's

Jill Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Wed Feb 25 17:29:53 EST 2004

 -----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Nan Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 6:55 PM
To: marketfarming
Subject: [Market-farming] comment period on GMO's

      In early Feb., Lucy Goodman alerted us to the opportunity to send
comments (via mail or email) to USDA regarding proposed regulations on GMO's
(comment period ends March 23rd)

       I have condensed the USDA request for comments into a mere 3 pages,
and urge anyone with a spare moment (hah!) to read through it and then send
comments.   Email me OFF LIST and I will send you the document (surprisingly
easy to understand).

      Remember when the NOP regulations were first proposed by USDA, and
over 260,000 people wrote in to say they were awful.  It mattered!  Now we
have a chance to challenge Monsanto and cohorts.

      There are a number of short position papers on GMO's that I would be
happy to email to anyone not quite sure of how they want to word their
comments.  I was shocked to learn how many natural and organic food
companies are owned in part by Monsanto - almost every brand that I buy!  I
am glad Lucy alerted us to this opportunity to make our voices heard.

  nan johnson
  dancing goats farm
  zone 7b, n. mississippi