[Market-farming] Organizing seeds and planting

somersfarm somersfarm at kingcon.com
Sat May 10 09:01:22 EDT 2003

Hi Rose,
What I do, is organize my seeds alphabetically.  In December, which is a few months before we start, I lay the gardens out on grid paper and get a clear picture of where everything is going.  I then get one of those large desk type calendars at Staples for a few bucks and totally plan my summer planting.  I put on the calendar when things get started in the greenhouses, how much, then mark on the calendar when they go to the garden as transplants.  It is a lot of work, but when the busy time comes, I am a lot less stressed and very well organized.  I then only have to go to my master plan and it is all in front of me with each day scheduled.

Kathy in VT.