Health Insurance

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Mon Mar 25 11:30:28 EST 2002

I get health insurance from our state farm bureau its a group plan managed by farmer members,its not cheap, a family of four pays about $10000 a year a single payer under 50 yrs old pays $3800 a year, nobody asks if you have pre existing health problems, we expect a price increase this year, most all farms around here are truely family farms with everyone working on the farm so its very very hard to make health insurance pay when market prices are stagnant as they have been for many years, health insurance costs in the next decade will do more to destroy family farms than anything else, this is now the major topic of discussion when ever farm families meet...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.