What's after my pepper plants?

Don Maroc maroc at islandnet.com
Thu Jun 27 01:14:31 EDT 2002

Marj,  at the other side of the continent, Vancouver Island, I've had a
similar problem.  Right now it seems to be happening to somne late-planted
jalapena plants.  In the morning two or three of the lower leaves will be
laying on the soil around the plant, looking like they've been nipped off
right at the stalk.  In a couple of days the plant will look sickly and soon
be dead.  The roots still look healthy.  In my case this is happening in
deep soil beds in a greenhouse.  The dropped leaves makes me think it's
insects but the dead plant is more like disease.  Sorry, I don't have any
answers yet.

Don Maroc