Oriental eggplant

Alliums garlicgrower at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 22 07:45:46 EDT 2002

Hi, Folks!

The big advantage to Oriential eggplant that I've found is that you don't
have to peel the skins -- just chop up the eggplant and add it to whatever
you are cooking.  You might want to pick them on the small side, but I
haven't had a bitterness problem with the varieties I've tried even when
they are larger.

If I have too many eggplant, I dice them (with skins on) and roast in the
oven, then bag for the freezer.  They don't mush down if they have been
roasted, they have a *great* flavor and they are already chopped up so you
can add them to any dish and even folks who don't like eggplant don't
realize they are there -- most folks just think they are mushroom bits! ;-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of