garlic

Hook Family guldann at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 16 08:12:02 EDT 2002

Ben only a guess, but I think black plastic might be too hot for garlic.
Garlic being a crop that is planted just before winter and grow wells in the
cool of the spring does not seem the type of crop black plastic is suited
for.  Black plastic is a duel purpose product heat increase or retention and
a weed barrier.  We've got some under melons for the first time and they
look great, but imagine if you tried it with lettuce :).  Beth

Does anyone use plastic mulch for garlic?  I have used straw in the past,