Oriental eggplant

Alex McGregor waldenfarm at sprintmail.com
Sun Jul 14 14:58:06 EDT 2002

Tom,

One way to cook it is to slice it and sauté until tender in olive oil along
with some chopped garlic.  You can add some Korean hot sauce if you like spicy.

Another is to slice and broil on a cookie sheet (single layer) with a thin coat
of oil on the pan. Top it with some grated Romano or other cheese and add some
Italian tomato sauce or herbs.

Or you can use it in any eggplant recipe.  Try looking up some eggplant recipes
on the internet or at the library and hand out a few recipes on a sheet of
paper.  This has helped me sell "new" veggies at our market.

We sell ours for $2/lb.

--
Alex McGregor
Walden Farm