end of the season

Maroc maroc at islandnet.com
Sun Oct 28 11:52:09 EST 2001

Last night we had the first frost of the year on southern Vancouver Island
(Cowichan Valley).  Harvested and stored the last of our apples and will be
dehydrating apple slices for the next week.  We had sweet corn until a few
days ago, that's finished now.  This year's blackberry wine will be taken
off the fruit day after tomorrow.  Haven't yet gotten next year's garlic
in, it looks like a few days with little or no rain so we may get it in
soon (last year it was the middle of November).  It was certainly not a
great crop year, but adequate to keep us going.  Firewood is in and dry,
it's about time to kick back, stoke the fire and catch up on some reading.

Don Maroc