"Minor" subdivisions of land

Sue swtgrssfrm at nls.net
Fri Aug 24 23:14:22 EDT 2001

I wanted to rely a funny thing that someone said to us the other day.  In our
area in order to preserve the 'agricultural' atmosphere of the area the zoning
has been changed from a 2 acre min. to a 5 acre min.  What we have noticed is
that the people can not maintain even their 2 acre lots and often the new home
owners will carve an acre or so of yard and let the rest grow up into weeds.  We
got a call from one of the new home owners in our area asking if my husband
would like to make 'hay' and bale his back 1 acre lot.  He has weeds growing
waist high!  I politely told him we have a special seed mixture we use on our
pastures so we would not be interested.  This is the second person to 'offer' to
let us make hay from their weeds.  LOL!  Yeah, the green space looks real good
when someone else (a farmer) is maintaining it.
Sue