VEGETABLE BUDGETS

Jeff Ishee farmsted at cfw.com
Tue Jun 20 08:03:34 EDT 2000

Friends,

  I know this is an extremely busy time of the year for you, but you might
want to check this out.
  We've recently added a very useful link to our farmers' marketing web
site concerning the economics of vegetable production:

1. go to the web site at http://www.emarketfarm.com
2. click on "Farmers' Market Production & Management"
3. In the right hand column, click on "Vegetable Production Budgets"

  On another note, it's time once again to post another poll question to
our market farming community. If you have a suggestion, just let us know.

  Farm update:
- Andy Lee is off on a ten day tour of market farms in several states. A
new book is in the works on "enterprise farming"!
- Our two apprentices (Annabel from Ontario and Manal from California) have
been godsends this spring. We currently have one apprentice cabin vacant if
you know of anyone that would like to join us here in the Shenandoah Valley
of Virginia.
- Business at farmers' market has been brisk this season. Just can't seem
to produce enough chickens to satisfy the demand.
- Jeff is still working on his next book, tentatively entitled "Great Ideas
for Farmers' Market Success."

Best regards,

Jeff Ishee
Farm Manager, Living Earth Organic Farm
1702 Mountain View Rd.
Buena Vista, VA 24416
info at emarketfarm.com

*NOTE* Andy Lee and Pat Foreman's farm name has now changed from "Good
Earth Organic Farm" to "Living Earth Organic Farm". The Good Earth Tea
Company claimed we were "latching onto their successful name and was
threatening to sue us if we didn't change names immediately.