onion seeds

Chris and Kim Blanchard realfood at RSFarm.com
Sat Jul 8 22:07:40 EDT 2000

Onions are normally biennials, meaning that they grow a storage structure (the bulb) their
first year, then overwinter and go to seed the second year.  If you save seeds from onions
that are going to seed in their first year, you will be selecting for early bolting; this
would be a bad thing.  It would be worth the price to buy new seeds rather than
haphazardly saving your own.

Chris Blanchard

--
Rock Spring Farm
Chris and Kim Blanchard

*even though our mail comes through Minnesota, we're really in Northeast Iowa.