[Homestead] Chicken soup pizza

Lisa Perry lkvp at floydva.net
Fri Feb 25 11:54:32 EST 2005

Gene GeRue wrote:

> Chris was feeling a bit off her feed so I peeled a bulb of garlic, cut
> the cloves in two and added them.

We make homemade chicken soup frequently throughout winter.  We often
add grated ginger (in various quantities) to a similar concoction as
yours, particularly if any of us are feeling under the weather.  The
ginger adds warming qualities and has many healthy benefits.  It is
quite good in chicken noodle or noodle-less soup.  We last made it two
weeks ago and we were out of wide egg noodles (and no time to make any)
so I used buckwheat fettucini-type noodles we had on hand and broke them
into bite size pieces before adding them to the pot.  Any way you make
it, it's all good.