[freetds] freetds, iodbc and odbctest on solaris not working..

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at axelero.hu
Mon Aug 30 15:28:53 EDT 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 17:09, Knight, Lloyd wrote:

>>> 4.2 ?? mssql 6.5 ?? Sybase < 10 ??
> the above line means nothing to me.

Freddy means it doesn't make much sense to use TDS version 4.2 unless
you are running an extremely old version of MSSQL (6.5) or Sybase
earlier than 10.

Use 5.0 for Sybase servers, 7.0 for MSSQL 7.0 and 8.0 for MSSQL 2000.

> i guess my original question stands:
> can i do this on solaris?

It should be possible to get it to work. I can't say I ever had a
Solaris system.

>> SQLDriverConnect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Read from SQL server failed.,
>> SQLSTATE=08S01
>> SQLDriverConnect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.,
>> SQLSTATE=28000
> do i need?  is there a magic LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting? does odbctest
> need
> to be re-compiled like suggested below?

Don't fix what isn't broken. That you are getting FreeTDS and SQL
Server messages imply you are almost there. That you are getting this
far should mean it's only a configuration problem.

Your odbc ini files seem to be overly complicated.
Things like you are referencing the whole libtdsodbc.so file in
odbc.ini so your odbcinst.ini is not used, and you are also ignoring
everything you set inside freetds.conf by using the full hostnames
instead of referencing a Servername.

I also urge you consult the FreeTDS manual again, I don't believe we
could explain things any better and I cannot see how could you end up
with configuration files like yours after reading the manual. ;)

This page describes a simple setup, using only a freetds.conf and
odbc.ini file:

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcombo.htm

--
fds