IthacaPlantCycle- a new Yahoo Group for sharing plants & information

Sandra Repp sjr37 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:13:37 EST 2010

There is a new Yahoo group for local gardeners who want to share
plants and plant information:  IthacaPlantCycle.

IthacaPlantCycle is a grassroots community-based effort to distribute
plants, food and plant knowledge in our community. The
IthacaPlantcycle model and inspiration comes from Freecycle (if you
aren't a member, and want to be, google Ithacafreecycle), and we
hereby formally acknowledge the role of Freecycle in Plantcycle's inception.

Plantcycle follows a similar protocol to Freecycle, although there
are differences. Categories can include the following:

Wanted:

* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment
* Advice

Offered:

* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment
* Advice/Alerts

Taken:
* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment

All plants must be disease-free, and if grown with chemicals that are
not organic, such chemicals must be stated in the communication.

To join, go to this site:
and enter your e-mail address, which does NOT have to be a Yahoo address.
If you have problems, e-mail pduttster at gmail.com.

Please send this e-mail to others who might be interested in this
group. The idea to do this occurred to me in the summer, and sorry
that it has taken me this long to get permissions and find the best
(I hope) way to do this.

Pat Dutt <pduttster at gmail.com>