[Chtechcomm] Agenda for June 21 Technology Committee Meeting

Evelyn Daniel daniel at ils.unc.edu
Fri Jun 17 16:53:22 EDT 2005

Dear Terri and all,

I agree with this reassessment.  We need to develop our plans incrementally
and work with and through Bob.

Could we amend your questions to the manager and the mayor, Terri, to be
"What is the most effective and efficient way to bring issues to your
attention and gain your support?"  This is really the question we want
answered.  I'd prefer this formulation rather than focusing on the past and
what we might have or should have done.

I think it's important to have a long range plan but also important not to
get too detailed with implementation issues.  We need to pick one or two
big-ticket items and advocate for them to become items on the CIP.  I
believe this is the vehicle that we should use in working with council, as
the example from the Arts Commission shows and as my experience with the
Library Board confirms as well.

I see little point in going forward to council with a plan that is at odds
with the direction the staff is taking.  We need to work for consensus
within the committee (including staff members) before taking anything
forward.

Evelyn

--On Friday, June 17, 2005 2:19 PM -0400 Terri Buckner