[cc-sampling] video inquiry

MARK / negativland markhosler at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 21 23:23:09 EDT 2004

At 10:08 PM -0400 4/21/04, jason daniels wrote:
>I'm looking to post work that is an analog mix
>of two VHS sources (both audio and
>video)recorded from cable television fifteen
>years ago.  There are many recognizable images,
>many unrecognizable as well.  Too many, too
>difficult to cite.

What's you reason for citing them, if you were able to?

>  The mix could never be confused with the
>original, and I want other VJ's to use the
>material as well.  It's just crazy stuff.  I'm
>wondering if a sampling license is the right way
>to proceed.

It will make clear where *you* are coming from as
to the re-use of your work, but wont help you as
far as who you took stuff from ( which I
certianly wouldnt worry about, though).

mark

>Thanks,
>
>Jason
>

><http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2752??PS=>Get rid of
>annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar –
>FREE!

AHOY THERE! I have changed my e-mail address and it is now -

mark / negativland <markhosler at bellsouth.net>

My old address at markhosler at charter.net is no longer being used.