[cc-licenses] Parallel Distribution Statement

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Nov 29 07:37:08 EST 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 03:39 am, Rob Myers wrote:
> James Grimmelmann wrote:
> >  I don't want someone else to have to ask permission from me to put
> > the DRM on.  That interferes with their freedom to reuse the work.  I
> > want to provide a Creative Commons license to obviate the need for them
> > to ask me.
>
> You will be pleasantly surprised to find out that the current CC 3.0
> drafts allow this.

See, now we are getting down to it. James, you do realise that we are not
hammering on "someone" being able to do this. He are hammering on a case
where only the "blessed" can do this. At least I am hammering on that.

For me at least, putting it on, especially with the parallel distribution
idea, is fine if average joe, and any tom, dick, and harry can put it on. It
is when only Big bad Bob and his Buds can put it on that I have my problems.
(I think???)

> - Rob.

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month