[cc-licenses] Can a by-NC-sa use material from a by-sa? Seems no

robinp at xtra.co.nz robinp at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 3 00:21:36 EDT 2006

Thank you, Mia. Spot-on. Clearly by-sa is one of the five licenses that is incompatible with all others.

But I wonder why material available for commercial use should not be copied to a place where it isn't.

Never mind - I'll pass the info on to the owner who is thinking of adopting by-nc-sa. Perhaps he will have second thoughts. I've seen opinions that suggest "NC" has problems.

Robin