[cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Sun Aug 13 11:03:43 EDT 2006

On 13 Aug 2006, at 14:21, Luis Villa wrote:

> The other several million who bought the
> PSP had no idea what DRM is.

And it therefore will not affect them?

> And now their first encounter with CC and
> DRM will be a big 'fuck you' from CC, instead of a positive lesson and
> experience with free culture.

The positive lesson being what? CC don't respect your rights and
don't expect anyone else to?

> Congrats on moving the movement forward!

Embracing DRM will not move the movement forward. Unless you spin it
180 degrees.

My son tells me that Sony are now allowing people to play vanilla
MPEGs on PSPs. So problem solved. We don't need a blanket DRM
permission to use free culture on PSPs.

- Rob.