[cc-devel] GSoC proposal suggestion

Dean Olson bluesector at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 22:14:52 EDT 2010

Well, I submitted a proposal to work on Chrome and Firefox extensions
collectively rather than separately. The reason I did not want to separate
them is because I believe it can be of great benefit to build them together
and to share as much code between them as possible. The extension frameworks
for both browsers use JavaScript, CSS, and XML to construct their
extensions. If we can create a common code base between the two extensions,
I believe that they can be maintained together rather than duplicating
effort down the road.

If it is decided that the extensions would be better off developed
independently of one another, then I would be happy to work on the Chrome
extension since there seems to be less interest expressed in developing for
that browser. I've looked over the documentation for building extensions for
both browsers and I see many conceptual similarities between them. And the
common language of JavaScript combined with XML makes it so much easier to
design for them both.

Dean Olson