[cc-community] Rant about CC licenses

Eric Hellman eric at hellman.net
Wed Dec 18 14:46:47 EST 2013

Just to be clear, in this program (to launch in 2014), there is no uncertain event. Each copy of the book has an fixed date at which it becomes CC. Obviously we need work on the explanation/documentation.

Also,  the replaced license is not a CC license; there's no revocation. I agree that ail a CC license, the dated license would need to be an additional option for the licensee.