[cc-community] [cc-licenses] Rant about CC licenses

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:26:45 EST 2013

Hi!

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> The NK is not meant to be a term with legal effect, it is meant to be a term
> to indicate licensor attitude.
>
> I am not even seriously  calling for such a term. I was just pointing that you
> might need such a term to capture licensors positions. It was in the context
> of gathering data of licensors postitions to then use to call for changes to
> copyright that I put forth the idea.

Yes, but you are addressing only one part of my idea: having
statistics. The other part is that author truly wants something to
become public domain in 5 years (or as close to public domain as
possible). Your -NK does not address that.

I understand that you might not want to lay your weapons down, but
that does not mean that others do not. Maybe we do not see it as
weapons, but commons we want to share with everybody unrestricted
after 5 years. But until then we might want so small restrictions
(like attribution).

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/