[cc-community] [cc-licenses] Rant about CC licenses

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Dec 17 09:46:56 EST 2013

On Tuesday 17 December 2013 09:36:42 Emma Carpenter wrote:
> Ah, but how can someone who doesn't want any copyright, also want BY and
> NC terms - which are part of their copyright - applied to their work?

I never said I want NC (I don't), I said I would have used the letters NC to
mean "No Copyright wanted" but those letters are already taken so that I
would use NK instead. IOW: "No Kopyright wanted."

We do not have to have attribution tied to the right to copy in law, we have
chosen to do so.

Claiming a work as one's own when it is not could just as easily be grouped in
with fraud laws surely...

And for the record, if the only way to drop all of copyright is to forgo BY,
then BY can go.